Thursday 31 March 2011

Hornbach hypermarket review – a great surprise for me

I can’t say that I don’t like shopping in a hypermarket. I usually enjoy the variety of colors and choices and I almost always leave with more products that I had on my list. Doesn’t everybody? Well, as much as I love to shop, I am a little nervous whenever I need advice from a merchandiser. They always seem so busy or just not in the mood to answer questions from a dizzy costumer. So, I try to find my way around on my own and ask for help only when really necessary. But it’s not only the rudeness that stops me from asking the merchandiser for advice, there is also the lack of knowledge. There have been too many times when I just got a wrong or evasive answer, so I’m not that keen to repeat the situation.

Well, having all this previous experience, I went on a business trip, non-related to the hypermarket, in Hornbach. The staff there didn’t know me nor had any interest in me, so I could just observe me. M activity was prolonged for several days so I had some good hours every day to see how things worked around there. First, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the workers were always smiling. Even with no costumer in sight, they seemed pleased of their work; and believe me, I asked and they had no extra bonuses for that or different payments than any ordinary merchant. Also, another thing I saw, was that every costumer was attended with so much care, like he was their personal friend, and it seems it worked since almost everyone got their product. I was very pleased to hear the Hornbach employees talking during the lunch break about their clients, learning one from the other and exchanging strategies of caring for their potential clients. They were totally different from the other merchandisers that I knew and the attitude they had was very much encouraged by the management. As a visitor with no particular interest in their products, I didn’t expect much of a pleasant attitude from them, but no, I was surprised again. They were acting very nice and welcoming, trying to help me and giving me tips on how to get around the hypermarket. They even offered to help me with my business with the little things they could do. I had a great time in this place and I saw many satisfied clients too, so I must recommend it to anyone that needs the kind of products they sell: house appliances, finishing and gardening objects, from trees to different types of tools. I’ve also heard them talking in their lunch break about teaching clients how to install the products bought from them, so I believe that you could also benefit from that. The prices are low, as I know from a friend who needed to buy curtains for his new apartment and only paid a small amount for them. These being said, I would certainly consider Hornbach the first choice in its department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)