Monday 4 April 2011

Jollibee Fast Food Chain Customer Service and Delivery: Thumb’s down!


Jollibee is a Fast Food Chain originated in the Philippines, but has expanded and established several branch in different countries.  Everyone maybe aware that Jollibee is a McDonalds inspired Fast Food Chain. 

I do not deny that Jollibee is a popular Fast Food Chain in the Philippines because it caters local customers and serves food basically with Filipino taste like that of Palabok Fiesta. However, it isn’t about the food that I am disappointed about Jollibee – it is about the service.

It was thrice or even more times that I had experienced getting the wrong order. I don’t know why what could have been wrong because if am not mistaken, when you give your orders, they will repeat the orders and they get it right. However, when I checked on the food, it appears to be the wrong one. Twice that they gave me chickenjoy with spaghetti when in fact I ordered Chickenjoy with Palabok. The latter item, which I am aware of really costs much than the former. Since they sent me the wrong item, I had to speak with the Supervisor and they told me they will deliver to me the Palabok and retaining the Spaghetti for free due to the mistake. When the delivery man came into our doorstep, I still offered to return the Spaghetti just to show that it isn’t really my order, yet the delivery guy declined to get it because he was instructed not to take it. 

Another occasion of deciding to have a Jollibee delivery, I ordered 1 item of 1 piece Chickenjoy meal and 1 item 2 pieces Chickenjoy meal. When the Customer Service Representative repeated my orders, it was right. Unfortunately, when the delivery guy gave to me the orders, I was surprised getting 3 items – 2 items of 2 pieces Chickenjoy meal and 1 item of 1 piece Chickenjoy, which obviously costs me to pay more for the extra item. Again, I have to speak with the Supervisor and they advised me to give the extra item and send me back a refund. Well, that has to be the best solution.

The latest incident that made me more disappointed was when my boyfriend ordered Yum Burger meal and a Cheeseburger meal. When I had to take my first bite with the Cheeseburger, I did not notice anything, but at my second bite I noticed that I cannot taste the beef patty. Oh my! Is Jollibee making fool of me giving me a Cheese sandwich instead of a Cheeseburger? Can you imagine that I am eating a Cheeseburger without a beef patty? 

Good thing, I am not a freaky lady that puts too much effort calling the Jollibee delivery hotline for that unprofessional and unreasonable service. 

I believe that what could have been wrong is the improper or poor coordination and communication from the delivery hotline to the nearest store taking the orders. Although, efforts to have a good service should be made so that customers won’t get disappointed, which I believe when a mistake happens will lead to loses. Due to these frequent experiences, I already prefer McDonalds when it comes to their delivery service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)