Friday 27 May 2011

Canon A1100-IS Digital Camera - My Best Photography Buddy

I bought my Canon A1100-IS Digital Camera almost one and a half years ago and it has been my favorite gadget since. I was not really into photography, but I wanted a digital camera that I can take along with me during special occasions and gatherings to record some of the most unforgettable moments in my life in a still photograph. And boy am I glad with what Canon has delivered through this digital camera.

The Canon A1100-IS isn't the best looking digital camera in the market. In fact, I would much prefer the Sony Cybershot cameras in terms of the design, because they are rather slim whereas my Canon digital camera is a bit on the bulky side, as most other Canon cameras nowadays. There are three colors available for this model, but I chose the one with light blue because it is my favorite color and it was really cool on the eyes. I have no problems with the bulk of this camera though because it is designed to facilitate in a better grip, so you won't have trouble carrying it around.

The specification of the camera includes the following: 12.1 megapixels, 4x optical zoom, and features an image stabilizer to minimize blurring on images. It therefore features some of the most basic features that could compete with the latest technologies in the digital camera industry today. And the specifications are no doubt reflected in the actual photos that were produced from the camera, which are of high quality, even for casual photogaphers.

The thing I like most about this camera is the number of settings available, which allows you to choose the most appropriate picture setting for your needs. To give you an idea, here are the settings that you can choose from: Kids & Pets, Sunset, Easy, Nightshot, Portrait, to name a few. There is also a MOvie mode that allows you to record videos and play them back when you want to.

THe package for Canon A1100-IS also comes with a user's manual and a USB cable in the box. You can therefore refer to the manual for instructions on how to use its many features, while also consulting it for troubleshooting purposes. Meanwhile, the USB cable can be used to easily transfer files (photos or videos) from the digital camera to your computer or laptop.

Finally, the price. I bought my Canon A1100-IS for around PhP 8,000, which is roughly $150-160. Hence, it is a great value and was quite affordable given the range of features available here. You will not be disappointed because this camera has proven reliable for nearly all types of photographic requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)