Friday 27 May 2011

A leisurely Brunch: A recipe for the Weekend

For more than 5 years living independent and away from home and family, I have learned many things – one of which is to cook. Because I got a tough schedule as a Paralegal in one of the Law Offices at Quezon City, I could only manage do a real cooking time during Saturdays and Sundays, which I considered a total free days for myself. In turn, I would be waking up a little late and cook combining my breakfast and lunch, followed by watching a marathon.

I am not an expert cook, so I take recipes from magazines or my sister’s cook book or try-out from what I see on tv cooking shows. However, I would be sharing my most love experiments.

Longganisa Fried Rice

What you need:

2-3 pieces of longganisa, chopped (cooked)
2 Eggs beaten
Left over rice (preferably taken from the fridge)
2 hotdog, chopped (optional)
Salt
Garlic, chopped
Butter
oil

Procedure:
In a pan, put in the butter and a little oil and then followed by the garlic. Next is the chopped longganisa and then the rice. Keep on sautéing and mixing until the rice turns smoothly and separate. Then pour in the beaten egg and continue sautéing. You can pour the salt to taste. It is as simple as that. Here in the Philippines, there are instant seasonings we use like Maggi Magic Sarap, Ginisa Mix, and others. You can use those instead of salt.

When you make your coffee, you can try some other ways than the usual.

Coffee Madness

What you need:

Coffee
Fresh Milk
Sugar
Double Dutch, Double Choco or Choco Crumble Ice Cream

Procedure:
After brewing your coffee, pour into your mug and then add fresh milk. And then put 1 scoop of ice cream then blend. You may add sugar or not depending on your taste. If you want a cold coffee, you can add ice when blending it or as it is.

Another must try is toasting your bread differently or that most-loved Pan-de- sal.

Pan-de-sal toast

3 -5 pieces of Pandesal, cut into half (4 pcs. Bread)
Butter
2-3 beaten egg

Procedure:

Instead of using the oven or toaster, make use of a pan or pancake skillet. Soak in the bread or pandesal bread to the beaten egg and put in a hot pan with butter. The butter will serve as the oil. Then flip in to the other side and toast. Once done, you can serve it.

If you desire, you can put cooked hotdog or sausage, bacon or ham on top.


1 comment:

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)