Thursday 26 May 2011

Juana- shop smart to dress smart

 Most of RTW (ready-to-wear) clothes would give me problems like the size don't really fit or the seam is not well-made. When I was still in college, I used to have all of my clothes done by a local dressmaker, from my uniforms to formal dresses. When I got a permanent teaching job, all of my uniforms were also done by my dressmaker but with the proliferations of RTW clothes, and the high cost of labor, I eventually settled for ready-to-wear clothes with  great dismay.
  When ever I shop for my clothes, I always have a hard time because as my daughter would lament, I am very choosy and particular with seams and all of that. I also do not like the fact that most RTW's are mass-produced meaning a lot of people may wear same style, same design clothes at same  particular time. It happened not only once that I have seen people having  exactly same outfit which is very embarrassing. But what can I do, that's the life of an ordinary working woman like me who has to settle for RTW 's because I don't have the money to spend for  designer's wardrobes!
  Until I found out about JUANA. No she's not a dressmaker, but a  small shop catering to women like me who wants a dress made by A "Costurera" (a  mananahi, local name for dressmaker). JUANA is a small local boutique shop which sells women's dress from blouses to skirt and casual to evening formal wears and all  guaranteed - quality sewn dresses , from seams and all of that for very affordable prices. A blouse cost only around 260ph and the skirt for 250ph. It prides itself  for producing only a  limited stocks  thus the possibility of having  to share same designs and style with other people  is minimal.I have bought several blouses and skirts from JUANA and I am confident that  only a limited number of women would be wearing that same styles and designs.Plus the fact that I did not ask for any alterations because the seams and all of that are all fine as well as the fittings.

JUANA is relatively new in the business but the way the shop is always filled up with enthusiatic shoppers, it will not take long for it to grew into a bigger store chain. 

JUANA is proud to be PINOY and employs locals  (mananahi )who are known for good workmanship and has three small branches around the Metropolis, Greenhills Annapolis Lane,Lower Level,Theatre mall, SM Valenzuela, SM Sta. Mesa.
Now I know why its motto is shop smart , dress smart and many Pinays are now shopping smart ,dressing smart,thanks to JUANA.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)