Sunday 9 October 2011

The Nokia N73 - All you need in a mobile phone


The last mobile phone that I owned was a Nokia N73, which I used for 2 years. Although it isn’t as high tech as some of the other phones that I have owned, I enjoyed using it as my mobile.
The last time I checked, this phone was still for sale at about $80, which isn’t bad at all, considering that I paid about 4 times this price when I bought mine on a pay as you go deal 3 years ago.
I like how the Nokia N73 just looks like a phone. There’s not particularly anything fancy about it. Its just a screen and buttons. The model I had was silver although you can get it in black too. My only problem with it being silver is that I found that after a few months, I’d managed to wear scratches in the back, which ended up making a dull dark patch. It’s a little on the heavy side if you compare it to more modern phones, but I preferred the slightly chunkier design of the phone as I found it easier to hold as I was typing out text messages
There is a rear camera on this phone. It is 4 mega pixels and it used to usually take pretty good photos for me. It doesn’t have a flash on it, so it isn’t great in the darker lighting. The pictures tend to come out looking a bit grainy in the dark. The video quality isn’t the best on this phone. It didn’t seem to pick up sound very well. As far as I can tell, the front camera is VGA quality only. This means that the quality isn’t very good at any time. I couldn’t eve use it to do my makeup. This is certainly one of the worst features of the Nokia N73 for me.
This phone does use the Symbian operating system, which I haven’t had great experiences with in the past, although this phone seems to handle applications pretty well and the internet runs at a reasonable speed too. It does help too, that this phone has 3G capabilities.
Although this phone is becoming a little dated now due to the rapidly changing world of technology, it is a good choice if you are looking for a conventional phone that is easy to use for making calls and sending text messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)