Friday 7 October 2011

Amazon Kindle 3 ebook reader review - Turning Heads as well as Pages!

I have been a frequent book reader for years now, and I’m always reading something or other, whether it is fiction or not. Recently though, I just don’t have the time or the energy to carry books around with me, and I don’t have the space in my home to store lots of books to read when I finally get around to it. As well as that, I’ve been doing a course for university lately and all my books have been given to me online to save paper and printing costs, so with all these points considered, I decided to buy a kindle 3.

It took me quite a while to decide that I wanted a Kindle 3. I already have a laptop, but it just isn’t practical to pull out my laptop whenever I need to do reading, and I guess I could have chosen a tablet, but I already have an iPhone which does all those little jobs that I would use a tablet for anyway. I realized that the best thing to do for a book reader would be to choose something that was built for purpose, and something that was not going to constantly be a distraction for me to do other things apart from reading.

I love how the Kindle 3 battery power lasts for ages. I can be reading for a week, and still have plenty of battery power remaining. I do only use my kindle 3 to read rather than using the WiFi or any fancy settings like that, so I guess I save power by keeping the WiFi switched off.

Another thing I really like about the Amazon Kindle 3 is that it has a matte effect screen and the way that it displays the text is formulated especially so that you can read in the light of the sun. I have problems with my eyes, and when sitting in the sun, the bright illuminated white pages of books used to give me a headache. With the Kindle 3, there is no light glare, and no fade like you would have maybe with most of the mobile phones on the market. I find reading in darker rooms is just as easy as there is a backlight feature.

The Kindle 3 is a light weight eBook reader that is capable of holding thousands of eBooks. WiFi lets you connect to the internet too in order to download more eBooks if you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)