Thursday 6 October 2011

Technics Highlighter Makeup Review - Great Value for Money!


I have used the benefit high beam and moon beam in the past and loved the effect that they give my skin, but they are very expensive, and I just cant afford to replace expensive makeup products like that when they run out. I was so excited when I saw the Technic Highlights in my local body care shop. In fact, I actually thought when I first looked at it that it was the beneft high beam. The container looks just like it. Apart from the fact that it says ‘Highliights’ on the side rather than ‘high beam’, there are no other differences. At £2.50, this is 10% of the cost of the benefit version! I grabbed it and ran to the checkout like an excited puppy that had just found a dinosaur bone!
So when I got home with the Highlights, I gave it a go. I put on my foundation as I usually would, and then got the highlights ready. The applicator is a little brush, like the kind that you get in a nail varnish bottle. I don’t like to put this directly on my face, because I don’t want the makeup that is already on my skin or any bacteria to contaminate the makeup. Instead I just dotted a little of the highlights on my fingertip.
I was surprised at how similar in colour this is to the benefit alternative. It is very light and pink in colour. It has a shine to it, although it is not a glittery shine so even if you are older, you can still use this and not look like a teenager trying to look sparkly at a disco.
It took me a few goes to apply it properly. The more expensive highligher products blend into foundation really nicely and you don’t need to worry about the foundation sucking all the effect out of the product. The Highlights is defiantly not as well made. I find that it is best just to dab the highlights across my skin over and over rather than use a blending motion. That way it manages just to sit there and not disappear into the foundation,
I’d say that you need to us a little more of the highlights to make the same effects as you would with the more expensive alternative, but even so, this is still far cheaper. After I had practiced for a few times, I manage to get pretty much the same effect as with my expensive product. This lasts for ages too. I am still on the same pot of it and I’ve had it for 9 months now. I certainly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)