Friday 29 April 2011

Tokyo-Tokyo Restaurants: Not my Most loved Japanese Restaurant

Obviously, Tokyo-Tokyo is a Japanese Quick Service Restaurant Chain in the Philippines, though they claim to be the leading Japanese Fast Food Chain, I consider it not. 

Not being biased due to the fact that I love Teriyaki Boy the most, however, Tokyo-Tokyo is more accessible to where I live that is why I am trying to consider going there. I have been to Tokyo-Tokyo Restaurant at SM San Lazaro, Trinoma Mall, SM Manila many times, but it seems like when it comes to food, wherever Tokyo-Tokyo branch I dine-in doesn’t satisfy my taste buds and my craving stomach.

Last week, while having some groceries at SM San Lazaro, I decided to dine-in at Tokyo-Tokyo since I was then craving for Ebi or Prawn tempura. The restaurant had some renovations from the counter to their eating area. I love the couch part and I can certainly say I have no negative remark on that matter. 

Hmmm! At the Counter side, the place where customers take orders, giving space for long lines is better than the past. Although, I did not see any long lines then unlike in the nearby restaurants inside SM San Lazaro, which have long lines like that in Kenny Rogers, Jollibee, McDonalds and others. That is one reason why I chose dining-in at Tokyo-Tokyo to avoid that long line.

After taking my orders, locating for an empty table was easy because as I said there are just a few customers inside. After 5 minutes of waiting, my orders came and I was kind of disappointed with the platter because the rice was placed in the wrong side of the platter. 

My verdict on the food is as usual. Am still not satisfied because the prawn tempura was greasy and I needed to soak it over the sauce to neutralize the fat. So far, the salad is fine and was better the last time I ate there. The red tea always tastes so sweet for me, which made me to request for more ice. 

I cannot say much either regarding their service because as long as the food is served well with smiling crew, hence, that is sufficient enough for me giving a good remark. I am more concerned with the taste, I mean it has to be authentic taste of a real Japanese food or at least close to an authentic one.

Undoubtedly, Tokyo-Tokyo is good for people who are concerned with a low budget Japanese cuisine and not for those who are into the authenticity Japanese cuisine. On the lighter note, it is better than in Karate Kid Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to share? Feel free to leave a comment then :)